Participants will learn the basic skills to design a new laboratory or re-build an existing one using the latest know-how – from planning (space design and future needs) to selection of construction materials (building materials, decision on ventilation system), laboratory furniture, equipment and disposables. Participants will also receive guidance regarding start-up and validation of the laboratory facilities before starting clinical treatments.
The importance of implementing a robust system of Total Quality Management (TQM, SOPs, KPI) will be discussed. The course will comprise lectures and interactions between participants evaluating the optimal design of ART laboratories to ensure the best possible outcomes. Participants are encouraged to bring any preliminary designs of their new clinics or rebuilding plans to the workshop.
- Optimal design and layout of ART laboratories
- Selection of building materials
- Commissioning and validation of the laboratory
- Selection of equipments and disposables
- TQM, QA. KPI & SOPs
- 1-day course
- Lectures & directed discussions
- Maximum of 20 participants
- This workshop is targeted towards ART programs that are planning to re-build their current laboratories or build new clinics.
No previous experience needed, though participants should have a good understanding of the working of an ART laboratory and regulations that apply to ART labs in their country.
Course fee is EUR 100. Transportation and accommodation is not included. Local transportation between hotels and the course venue will be arranged. Lunches and refreshments will be provided during the course.
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.