Participants will critically appraise key processes in the embryology laboratory, examining the evidence base and evaluating the various systems used. The course covers the principal procedures from oocyte collection and sperm preparation through to embryo transfer, and will look at IVF insemination, culture techniques, and embryo selection. In addition, data management for auditing and surveillance of laboratory performance will be highlighted. Participants will have the opportunity to see how media are produced during a factory tour. The emphasis will be on group participation so that delegates can pick up tips on optimizing the lab performance.
– this course does NOT include cryopreservation, ICSI or other micromanipulation techniques; see other course descriptions for training available in these techniques.
– the course does NOT involve any observation of clinical work or use of human eggs/embryos handling during egg collection, insemination and embryo transfer.
- Semen analysis & preparation
- Egg Collection and Handling
- Fertilization & Culture
- Embryo Assessment
- Embryo Transfer
- Audit & Troubleshooting
- 2-day course
- Lectures, demonstrations and hands-on practical sessions
- 6 participants
- This course is targeted trainees who have some clinical experience but who wish to have more theoretical and hands-on training.
Working as a clinical embryologist.
Course fee is EUR 525. Transportation and accommodation are not included. Local transportation between hotels and the course venue will be arranged. Lunches and refreshments will be provided during the course.
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.